Dare to be GREAT | #4 Inspirational Leadership
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a great manager and a great leader? Are leaders born, rather than made? And why might an entrepreneur need leadership skills anyway?
You probably already have the answers inside you. So, don't hesitate and join Hugh S. Todd, who will use a variety of methods to provoke and draw out those insights, to inspire you and your entrepreneurial mindset.
1) The characteristics of truly inspiring leaders
Using the example from a well-known movie, your own observations, and the introduction of some relevant concepts by the trainer, you will generate a lot of ideas and suggestions for discussion in the room.
- Observations about management and leadership styles and skills
- Deductive vs. Generative thinking
- Examples of inspiring leaders
- Identifying your signature strenghts
2) Why build a resilient, entrepreneurial organisation
Why building a resilient, entrepreneurial organisation? Let's think beyond the startup phase! True entrepreneurs never stop inventing new and better ways to do things. So, once you have succeeded as a startup, what do you need to aim for next? What characterises the kind of organisation that we would all love to be part of, going forward? There’s no value in a fragile company staffed by fragile people, no matter how great the idea or innovation you are developing.
- What is resilience?
- Three levels of resilience
- Characteristics of a truly resilient organisation
- How to populate an organisation with resilient people
3) Five ways to be an inspiring leader
You don’t have to be an extravert, loud or domineering! Learn about five practical ways to demonstrate leadership that inspires others around you.
4) The leaders' need to be coached and challenged
Leaders are also just human beings. They need to have the humility, courage and discipline to be coached throughout their careers – not just by a professional coach, but by their team. A lot of training and coaching fails to demonstrate return on investment – ROI is essential! What can you do?
- Why leaders need training and coaching
- What you can do to get coached
- How you can make sure your coaching will be successful
About your Trainer
Hugh S. Todd brings four decades of intensive experience as a leader, coach and trainer. He loves to provoke new thinking and to bring ideas to life. Above all, he wants to feel that you know how you will apply these ideas yourself! Hugh is a Marshall Goldsmith Accredited Executive Coach, runs his own leadership consulting company and mentors start-ups. Career highlights: NATO’s leadership coach in Europe for 10 years; Mentor for Women on Boards Australia; A ‘Best Small Business In Scotland’ award winner; TiE Hong Kong Charter Member; Founding member of Metta Hong Kong. When not working, Hugh is a competitive sailor, crewing on keelboats.
About the Series
This workshop is part of the series "Dare to be GREAT!".
Find all events and the entire line-up:
- 16 Nov: Time Management & Goal Setting
Highest performance at the right place – all about personal efficiency and mind management
by Ghazala Khan
- 23 Nov: Healthy & Effective Stress Management
Performing on a high level while keeping the balance – about the healthy side of the entrepreneurial journey
by Sonisha Kripalani
- 30 Nov: Public Speaking & Presentation
How to present in public with power – the right mindset, preparation and tools for one of the most desired skills today
by Samuel Poon
- 07 Dec: Leadership & Inspiration
Develop shared purpose, build engagement and understand what makes people tick to build high performing teams
by Hugh S. Todd
Terms & Conditions
To keep it short: You are our asset. We respect and protect your privacy and your ideas. We love you.
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM HKT
Full series admission SOLD OUT HK$1,480.00 Full series admission EARLY BIRD SOLD OUT HK$1,280.00 Single workshop admission SOLD OUT HK$480.00 Single workshop admission EARLY BIRD SOLD OUT HK$380.00
- Venue Address
- The Wave (10/F), 4 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong Hong Kong